Wednesday 10 February 2016

SOTA - Mynydd Carn-y-cefn - GW/SW-014

Mynydd Carn-y-cefn - 550m, 2 points

Association: Wales Region: South Wales
Latitude: 51 46 9 N, Longitude: 3 10 46 W
Grid Reference: SO 187085, QTH Locator: IO81JS



The sun remained shining and I made my way to the Golf Club approach road where I parked on a wide verge near a gateway. It was then up the track to the summit. An easy one this to navigate, you only need to bushwhack the last few hundred metres to find the trig point.

Track almost to the summit
 Once again I left a calling card for any following activators!

I wuz ere...

The nice thing about this summit is the scaffold pole next  to the trig point. It makes a great pole support. Unfortunately, some time in the last year, it has got bent and is no longer vertical. Reluctant to guy the mast for the sake of a few extra metres in height, I just made do with what was on offer!

Bent pole
Business was brisk as normal with 47 QSOs quickly in the log. S2S was courtesy of Ian, GW8OGI/p on Tal y Fan - GW/NW-040.


With the sun setting it was time to make tracks and head for home after a good day out on the hills.

Sugar Loaf in the distance


Summary



Log2Map

To round the day off nicely, this fellow decided to bark at me as I passed his territory on the way back to the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment