Friday 25 December 2015

SOTA - Cleeve Hill - G/CE-001

Cleeve Hill - 330m, 1 point

Association: England Region: Central England
Latitude: 51 55 11 N, Longitude: 2 0 21 W
Grid Reference: SO 996245, QTH Locator: IO81XW



Cleeve Hill! There's a surprise. My 26th activation of Cleeve, maybe I should have waited until Boxing Day :-)

Anyway, it was hard to climb out of bed, look out at the cold, damp, dark morning and drum up  the enthusiasm to go up the hill. Tempted as I was to just return to the warmth of the duvet, I got dressed, threw my kit in the car and set off in the dark.

Surprisingly, when I arrived at the car park at 0730, there were already three cars parked and their occupants out on the hill with their dogs.
I trundled across to the gorse bushes to set up in the their lee.

Called CQ at 0800, just as it was getting daylight.
An hour and seven minutes later I packed up with 28 QSO's in the bag.
It was a leisurely affair, QSO's taking longer with the MX and HNY exchanges!

Log
Summary

Log2Map

By the time I got back to the car, just after 0940, the car park was full and people were still arriving and parking on the grass verges. I headed home to see what awaited me from Santa.

That's it for 2015. I'm having surgery on 29th so will be out of action for a while...
MX es HNY
72



No comments:

Post a Comment