Saturday 28 April 2012

SOTA - Slemish - GI/AH-007

Slemish - 437m, 2 points

Association: Northern Ireland  Region: Antrim Hills  
Latitude: 54 52 53 N, Longitude: 6 5 54 W
Grid Reference: D 221053, QTH Locator: IO64WV

A lovely sunny day could not be missed, so my sister took me out to Co. Antrim's most distinctive summit, Slemish. We couldn't have asked for a better day, wall to wall sunshine which brought some pleasnt warmth to the otherwise cold wind. Slemish is an imposing sight when stood at the base, and requires a bit of hands on scrambling to make the ascent. It was fairly quiet with only a handful of other walkers out on the hill.

The contacts came quick and fast and in the end I ended up with 41 QSOs and 18 DXCC.
40 metres was not very productive, but when I got home I found I'd not been spotted there!

Definitely one to do again.







No comments:

Post a Comment