Friday 26 October 2012

Mountain Hunter Gold

I've been chasing after the Elusive Mountain Hunter award for many weeks now.
To Qualify  for Gold, I need to contact  at least 2 different summits in each of 15 associations. I have had 15 associations  worked for some time however, the sting in the tail is that at least one association claimed is on a different continent from the claimant's normal residence. I've been stuck for many months with only 1 USA summit worked, but when I saw an alert for Barry, N1EU, activating today I thought I'd take to the hills for a better chance of working him.

And so it was, right on schedule he showed up, we made an easy summit to summit contact, I got my two contacts with the  W2 association and immediately qualified for the Gold Award.
Next step is the Platinum which means working yet another continent which is harder again!






No comments:

Post a Comment